10 September 2015

Broken shoe - Scott Pro

Today as I bent on one knee to fix a pump to a tire tube valve before riding, I heard a loud snapping sound from my right shoe.  Upon inspection, the carbon sole on my Scott "Pro" shoe had snapped completely into two pieces.  

I got these shoes in 2011 and used them fairly heavily in 2011 and 2012 ... but have barely touched them the past 2-3 years.  They are light weight.  Too light weight, it would seem.  Another example of weight weenie cycling gear that will not stand up to robust use.  

And so the Scott Pro shoes get added to the Positivo Espresso "Cycling Gear We Broke" page.  Welcome to the Hall of Shame!
Snapped carbon sole
Scott Pro!
I am glad they broke at the beginning of today's 50km ride rather than once I was out on the weeklong Cycle Oregon.  Fortunately, I had already ordered a pair of new Shimano mountain shoes with SPD cleats/pedals, for use on Cycle Oregon.  If all goes well they will arrive Thursday US time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations David
Anymore missing to our hall of shame
My feeling is that there is not much left to add to our collection...
Thanks for your generous donation