06 December 2014

Onekan Coffee Run

I took a short ride today, with 3 members of the ASIJ (American School) community, Todor, Jonathan and Scott.  It was the coldest morning of this fall, only just above freezing at 650AM when I headed outside, and not much warmer at 9AM when we came out of the Starbucks at the far end of Onekan at the turn-around.  As Todor said at one point, it was a "MAMIL ride" with a nice coffee stop ... but nonetheless, riding on the Canyon Shark, with others, in brisk weather, attacking the rollers, Strava tells me that I was definitely going faster than usual on Onekan.

The Canyon Shark and my Q36.5 hybrid jersey/jacket and long bib shorts were perfect -- while riding I was neither hot nor cold.  I quickly hand washed my gear since tomorrow's forecast is pretty much identical.

I should do more of this kind of riding -- out early, push some (more) on the short climbs, back home by 10:30AM, a quick shower and I am not totally wiped out.  ... but tomorrow I will do a longer ride.

Sunday 8AM start from the Yanokuchi Lawson -- Kawasaki side of Tamagawaharabashi.

No comments: