19 November 2011

I'm Going to Bike School!

"Congratulations! Your application for attending classes at United Bicycle Institute has been processed and you are now officially enrolled in the Steel TIG Welding Frame Building class, February 13-24, 2012  (class#  2012-59)  in Portland, Oregon."

The plan is for this to be my Audax randonneuring frame.  Design suggestions are welcome.  It will be TIG welded, so a bit more flexibility in design than if it were brazed/lugged, even as a first time builder, though I doubt I will be trying anything 'curly' with the chain/seat stays.  Who knows, depending on how it turns out, it may not be the last one I build ...

1 comment:

Jimmy Shinagawa said...

Jealous.
They auctioned something similar for charity in the UK recently and I was very tempted. Have recently read a good article on a gentleman's experiences in Germany doing this.
One day...