28 February 2011

Bremen - Berlin - Axis

I visited Berlin with my family last weekend. The purpose was not to ride the bike, but to watch a figure skating competition in which my daughter started.

On Sunday we went to visit Checkpoint Charlie and met Marek, who rode with Positivo in Tokyo some years ago. He now owns a very nice Olmo fixie and runs his own language school Cafe Lingo in Berlin. What I admire is his persistence to travel the world an visit many countries. So I asked him what would be his favourite countries for cycling. Answer: Japan and New Zealand. We both complained about the lack of mountains in Berlin and Bremen and decided to go cycling close to his hometown in the "Harz" in spring. The highest mountain there, the "Brocken" has an altitude of 1.141 m.

We went to the German Currwurst Museum after we have met Marek. The Currywurst is very special German food, invented by Hertha Heuser in post WW2 Berlin.

Much to my surprise, a map in the museum showed the places where Currywurst is served in foreign countries. Bernds Bar in Roppongi was presented as well as the lunchbox  Zeitgeist which is located just around the corner from the Positivo Espresso European HQ building.

I registed for the Velothon race in Berlin (120 km) in may as well.

No comments: