30 July 2010

Call to ride - Saturday 6AM - Kaminoge

There are many people out of town, few posts this month ... I'm tempted to check out the TCC site, except I'm clearly not ready to ride with the big (thin) guys yet. ... I rode home from work today on the fixie and felt almost strong ... I think it was a tailwind. 

Some people at my office saw me with my cycling gear as I readied to leave.  I got a few cheers from staff who were happy to see me looking happy.  One of my partners practically screamed "what do you think you are doing" ... incredulous that I have not learned my lesson and stopped riding after 2 crashes in 6 months.

Saturday the weather will be dry and we will get some major relief from the heat -- predicted high in Tokyo of only 34 degrees C (instead of the usual 35).  I need to work on Sunday, so I will be heading out early on Saturday.   6AM departure if I can stand it, back by mid-afternoon.  Tomorrow I'll take a rinko bag for the train so I can hope to get a little further out of town than on my rehab rides so far.  

Leave a comment or try my mobile or email if you want to join or meet en route.

No comments: