19 May 2008

Race Schedule


I would like to give some information about some of the interesting upcoming races and perhaps some of the Positivo Espresso riders are interested to join? After all we had a very good performance at the Itoigawa Fast Run last weekend.

TSUKUBA 8 HOURS ENDURANCE RACE ON JULY 19th

A classic. The first race I ever attended, together with Juliane and Veloz in 2003. Eight hours as a team on a pretty flat, fast 2 km car racing track. If the weather is good lots of fun and camping and so. Alain Raposo, Olivier Brosse (both from NFCC) and me have tentatively registered as a 3 men team but we can expand at any time.
Please join us. Even today my son remembers the cheer leaders there.

SHUZENJI 5 HOURS ENDURANCE RACE ON JULY 25th

Again a classic. Unforgettable performance by Arndt, david and me in 2006, topped by an even better performance of david, David, Tom and me in 2007. First Team trophy for Positivo Espresso. Don't you feel the urge to defend it?

TOUR DE MIYAKOJIMA ON JULY 5/6

The race we have been waiting for: 100km or 100 miles, as you like on the beautiful island of Miyakojima. The most beautiful beaches I have been to. Great traffic free roads and can be easily reached within 4 hours from Haneda airport. Ok, it is expensive, but this is a top event.

TOKYO HILL CLIMB ON AUGUST 17TH

Ryoko has informed me about this one. Is just around the corner and would be perfect for all of us - provided we are in Tokyo during August.

Anyway, please let me know, I will help you with the organisation and everything.

1 comment:

the ups and downs of a belgian amateur cyclist in tokyo said...

Since I'm skipping Norikura this year, I'm very interested in this Tokyo Hill Climb...only problem is that I'll be jetlagged (coming back to Tokyo on the 15th)...should be OK though!